The Best Materials to use for Scrap Metal Recycling
Are we all doing enough to leave the earth a worth living place for the future generation? It’s crucial to recycle our waste materials, like scrap metal, as much as possible. If you are mystified by the fact that what are the metals to be recycled, you are not alone. Some people are so overwhelmed that they simply throw the scrap metal.
If you are about to discard items that are made of metal, take a break, and think – can I go for scrap metal recycling Melbourne?
Metal Items to Recycle
There are dozens of items a household can recycle. Out of which we have listed a few, right below:
- Insulated Copper Wire, Copper Scrap, Copper Tubing
- Aluminium sheet, Aluminium Truck/Car Rims, Aluminium Siding, Aluminium/Copper Radiators from air conditioners
- Aluminium Cans
- Soda, beans, vegetables etc.
- Cast Aluminium
- Cast Iron like a skillet, light iron
- Scrap Cars
- Electric Motors
- Car Batteries
- Sealed Units
- Plumbing Brass
- Appliances – refrigerator, microwave, range/oven, washer or dryer
- Non-Magnetic Stainless Steel
If you are seeking to make money out of these metals, so just to tell you, some metals are valuable. Moreover, the value keeps on fluctuating; therefore, it’s preferable to take a look at the market price of a particular metal so that you can get a fine price from its recycling.
Regardless of the type of metal, you are about to recycle, they fall into two categories:
Non-ferrous & Ferrous Metal
Ferrous metals are highly recycled metals. The best way to identify the type of metal you have is to check whether or not it’s magnetic. All ferrous metals are magnetic. When a company mentions that they recycle ferrous metal they mean steel and iron.
Non-ferrous on the other hand is non-magnetic and made of base metals. They are:
- Aluminium Copper Coils
- Auto Batteries
- And many more
In addition, there are a few household objects that you can recycle such as
- Stainless sink
- Brass faucets
- Appliances – oven, refrigerator, dishwasher, etc.
- Copper tubing or pipes often found in bathroom and kitchen
- Aluminium lawn chairs
- Cast ion or aluminum pans and pots
Do you have scrap metal in your home or office that needs to be recycled? It’s better to take it to the professional recycling or Nissan Wreckers Melbourne place where you can recycle your scrapped metal.