Do You Know the Types of Polishing Methods and Its Pros & Cons
The polished floor always has impactful, whether you have concrete floor or timber floor. So, in the residential as well as commercial property, we prefer to take professional Floor Sanding and Polishing Melbourne services time-to-time and give floor shining appearance.
Floor Polishing Geelong is essential for a different type of flooring options. Whenever you have stone type flooring then polishing gives it a perfect look and keeps them in their natural condition. Generally, we have less knowledge about different polishing methods, right???
If you want to know which type of Floor Polishing Melbourne services use at your home, then you should learn its types. Here, we provide different types of polishing methods and their pros and cons.
1.Polishing Powder and Compounds
In this method, experts us various grains of aluminum or tin oxide to rub the surface of the stone and make it shiner. It is just like the sanding process with diamonds. By using floor machines and paste of powder and water, they buffed surface and create a white pad for some time and achieve required shining with rubbing.
- Deliver natural look with top-quality gloss and gleam.
- No need for stripping.
- Never harm the floor.
- Create durable finishing.
- Oxalic acid produced etching o marble floor as well as the person who uses it.
- It is a very messy process and needs extra clean up.
2. Grinding with Diamond Abrasives
By using diamond powder, professional grind the surface. In the entire process, they use a machine with a 4-inch diameter pad of diamonds. The process will be repeated and create the shiner floors with finer and finer grits. After achieving a result, stop the process and clean the surface.
- Prevalent method
- Durable and long-lasting finish
- Eliminate entire scratches
- Best for marble and granite
- In the end, we need powder polishing services.
- Need some initial repairing work for the floor due to without repairing the work floor can damage the grit diamonds.
- Very expensive respective for material and labor.
The coating is also known as waxing, and it creates an artificial shine to the floors. For the coating, we usually use wax, urethane, acrylic and another polymer as per the surface requirements. To apply coating mop, roller, sprayer and lamb’s wool applicator use. After applying the coating, expert use high-speed brush machine to create shine.
- Deliver slip resistance to the surface.
- Common personnel know these methods and their maintenance work
- Very cost-effective
- Scrapes and dulls are very quick.
- Not give a natural appearance
- Need daily rubbing
- Very costly if its maintenance not regular.
- Require time-to-time stripping.
It is the procedure in which the chemical is squirted onto the stone and varnished. With this method, you get brand new and glassy surface just like crystals.
- Very clean method without any mess.
- Easy in usage, no need for extra skill
- Provide natural appearance
- Require only high traffic touch up in polishing
- It is durable, and you can enjoy its benefits for a longer time.
- Need regular stripping.
- It is the possibly oily process if you get over the polished floor.
- Give a slight yellowing surface in the moisture weather.
These are the various methods of Floor Polishing Geelong which are commonly used in the market. If you also require Floor Sanding and Polishing Melbourne services, then contact experts and restore your floor’s glory.